Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Day/ First Schnitzel



Yesterday was my first day of my Internship and as a reward for a tough morning I whipped out my phone and checked my twitter for food truck options. My twitter exists for the sole purpose of telling me the location of food trucks, one of my new obsessions. I was lucky to discover that Schnitzel and Things was close by (ish). I walked over and got on the line, which was long, but shorter than I expected. I ordered, but immediately had to hide because BRAVO WAS FILMING. So annoying. They had these two jerks from a real estate show called Million Dollar Listings cut everyone on line. They asked the people in line to sign a release, or step away while they filmed. They took forever and I had to stand pretty far away. I was so worried about getting back in time and also worried I wouldn't hear my name since I was so far away from the truck. Of course if I was in the shot I wouldn't be able to sign the release because I am a minor and that is illegal.
Eventually I got my chicken schnitzel with chipotle sour cream, sauerkraut, and french fries. It was my first schnitzel experience and it was soooo good. I was expecting the chicken to be dry and flavorless, but it was moist and crunchy on the outside. The breading must be seasoned because without the sour cream it was flavorful! The fries were not the best, but I love any and all fries! They were a little too McDonald's esque for the price. Oh well. I wanted a sandwich and they were out so it was fine. I would definitely go back. And perhaps try the deep fried burger before my departure. Or maybe I will skip it and live a bit longer, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment