Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

As I mentioned in my last post I went to see Mike Birbiglia down at Barrow Street Theatre for his show "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend". It was great, but similar to his last show I had heard the story before on NPR. With "Sleepwalk With Me" I had heard some of the material before, but there was new stories as well. "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" was all from this one story that I heard on NPR, which was disappointing. Seeing him in person is fantastic though, and there were some parts he acted out which made the experience a lot of fun.
By far the most exciting moment of the night was seeing MICHAEL MOORE walk in and sit up in the balcony to watch the show. There was a lot of rubber necking all around me. I couldn't help, but say "he is so Michael Moore!" the way he walked, stood, the way his shoulders slumped forward, the way he pulled his cap over his face, he is identical to the Michael Moore I've see so many times in all his documentaries. My father and I saw him leave, and as he walked out my dad said, "Keep up the good work." Michael Moore responded, "Thank you for saying that."
AWWWW! So adorable. I bought a poster and got the wonderful Birbigs to sign it! I have never been one of those people who asked for pictures or autographs with famous people, but the woman selling the posters offered and my dad said yes before I could respond. Oh well! Now I have a signed poster, which is cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment