Friday, June 17, 2011

On Broadway

I have seen many shows on Broadway. It is such a fun and fantastic experience once you are in the theater. I can't stand Times Square, as most natives can attest to, it is very very unpleasant and not at all representative of our New York. I must admit I am a huge fan of lists and this blog will include many many lists. Here goes my first list:
Shows I Have Seen:
  1. Peter Pan
  2. Seussical The Musical
  3. Kiss Me Kate
  4. Thoroughly Modern Millie
  5. 42 Street
  6. Chicago
  7. Rent (3 times!)
  8. Hairspray
  9. Wicked
  10. Guys and Dolls
  11. Jersey Boys
  12. Aida
  13. Spring Awakening
  14. Next to Normal
  15. Phantom of The Opera
Now for the Shows I want to See:
  1. Book of Mormon
  2. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
  3. Billy Elliot
  4. Avenue Q (Off Broadway)
  5. The Normal Heart (not a Musical)
  6. Rent (AGAIN! and Off Broadway this time)
But I'll be honest, I will see any musical if I haven't seen it before. This summer I want to Student Rush and Lotto like there is no tomorrow. All my birthday money is going to be spent on theater. Oh well. :)

Speaking of theater, tonight I am going to see my favorite comedian Mike Birbiglia down at Barrow Street Theatre. I am so excited. I saw his last show called "Sleepwalk With Me" a couple years ago over at Bleecker Street Theater. This time we are seeing "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend". He is absolutely hilarious. I first discovered his on This American Life one of my favorite NPR radio shows. He is a fantastic story teller, and not all of his stories are meant to be funny, sometimes he shares a story because it is a good story.

Here are some links related to this post!
My Girlfriend's Boyfriend is still playing:
http://www.barrowstreettheatre.com/whats-on/birbiglia.asp

Sleepwalk with Me is over but here is the website in case you are curious:
http://sleepwalkwithmike.com/the-show/

Mike Birbiglia's Website:
http://www.birbigs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment